Wednesday, September 29, 2004

VET BILLS

I hate that my previous post whined about our precious dog -- she is such a darling, a comfort, a companion, a source of amusement and love . . . and today she's in surgery getting a hopefully-benign tumour removed from her chest.

Over SIX HUNDRED BUCKS though! We spend more money on our dog's healthcare than both of us put together!! Although I do love to bitch, I have a hard time bitching about the vet bill though. I am just happy we can (barely) afford to do it without giving up food for ourselves, etc. I hate seeing older people who are alone struggling to pay to take care of their pets who provide them with so many blessings. It breaks my heart.

So what I *will* bitch about is people who don't fucking get their animals spayed or neutered. I *will* bitch about people who casually collect, then neglect or discard their animals. It makes me fucking sick. My blood boils when people don't want to be confronted with the hard realities of unwanted pets being euthanized and would prefer to let it continue happening rather than be pressured or subjected to educational materials urging people to be more thoughtful and responsible about their animals.

There would be a lot more resources to take care of the animals who DO have loving (but often poor) owners, etc. if we could curb the population growth of dogs and cats.

The Humane Society: Issues Affecting our Pets
SpayUSA.org


My mom just rescued (aka spent tons of $$ on vet bills even though the vet was kind, as they so often are, to do much for free) a little kitty with a busted, infected kneecap. How does this shit happen? So many people are just shitheels, that's how. Compassionless, selfish, stupid fucks.

No comments: