Sunday, March 12, 2006

Music I can't Turn OFF!!

I fucking hate websites that automatically set music to playing when their page loads AND FAIL TO HAVE AN AUDIO-ON/OFF option clearly visible at the top of the page. I just went to MadTV and had to just close the browser since the whole thing is flash based so just hitting "stop" doesn't make the music stop.

Bombarding me with stimuli really sends me into convulsions of anxious misery. I suppose it has a lot to do with having Attention Deficit Disorder, but I can't mentally process 1) a noisy song with lyrics, 2) an unfamiliar site layout, 3) text, and 4) other visual stimuli (photos, etc.) all at the same time. I'm just not up to the challenge.

I'm a very impatient surfer, and I prefer to deal with one thing at a time and visit sites that make it easy for me to find what I'm looking for without waiting, without sacrificing hot keys for their own personalized bullshit manners of navigation, and without crazy auditory distractions. I think it's cool if people offer audio as long it's easy to turn off. If I have to hunt for it, or there is no possibility of turning it off, your site is a worthless annoying piece of shit to me.

No comments: