Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Tyranny of the LOUD & ENTITLED

I fucking hate people who make allllllllll the people STUCK near them listen to their music or talk radio or whatever the fuck.

I'm stuck in the ferry line right now for HOURS ... a holding tank of parked cars and their inhabitants. And motherfucker is playing loud music in front of me. Next to the guy in a semi. Trying to sleep.

I've already provoked some road rage today (going exactly 60 in a 70 zone on the freeway in your gutless civic when there's plenty of room at that pace that's wide open to your right? YES, you stupid fuck I'm flashing my lights on your ass ... GET THE FUCK OVER already, there's no excuse for it, and you look like a fucking weak ass cunt rolling your window down to flip me off when you finally take the hint) so I guess I'm trying not to mix up another cocktail of confrontation but ooooh my fucking lord.

Once I did escalate a more serious raging incident when someone was playing even louder music ON the ferry. Country music, of course, and dude about lost his mind when I walked up and confronted him ... like, violently threatening me to stay away from his (you guessed it) pickup truck. The angry vibe spread like a virus, starting stereo wars, and spilling over even AFTER we got off the ferry, with dudes chasing each other down into the closest McDonald's parking lot. It was bad enough that I called 911 at that point. But ... I kept on driving / did not follow them to see what violence ensued.

Right now I'm fantasizing about baseball bats. You want to hear percussion asshole? Let me rhythmically play along with your loud bullshit on your windshield your lights your doors your whole entire car body. The most peaceful alternative I can hope for is that their battery will die before we get on and they suffer the humiliation of being stuck here and laughed at.

Some part of me must love the creative energy of envisioning ways to address the elephant in the room/space we're all sharing..

I also find myself hating every pussy-ass fucker who is afraid to say or do anything or even give this fucker a scathing look. This is why I know "community" doesn't work. Because people are cowardly fucks who will let ONE asshole destroy the peace of dozens of people surrounding him and pretend like they don't even notice. So here I am, the only person who bothered to do anything to signal to this Idaho fuck that he should develop some awareness and consideration of the people around him by stepping out of my car and GLARING AT HIS TONTED WINDOWS and mouthing curses at him. And later when it paused then restarted, SCREAMING "FUCKING COCKSUCKER!!" which probably accomplished nothing except getting my spittle all over the steering wheel and making me look like a raving loonie.

Finally I attempted to do something "productive" or ... take another tack, anyway, by trying to connect my phone to my mom's modern car that I'm privileged to be driving right now, so I could play SCREAMINGLY LOUD MUSIC. But alas, just as I got it close to working, motherfucker finally silenced his shit. And then I couldn't actually get it to work anyway (you know I kept trying, though, well past the point of competitive usefulness).

Headphones

Manual

Wait

Follow

It's not personal



No comments: