Friday, January 06, 2023

Too Late?

 


It's too late for me (I have definitely bitched already in 2023, though not about David Byrne), but I am aiming more towards Lunar New Year to kick off most of my real official goals; this beginning of January is more of a practice and ramp-up.

How many people resolved to not be negative reactionary bitch-ass complainers in 2023? How is that going for you, if so?

I've tried a couple of different years resolving to not be an asshole for the year, but maybe that was too vague and/or completely unrealistic.

Honestly I feel grateful for this blog and how I've gotten into a better habit of turning to it more. The best part is how I almost always see my bitch with more clarity and don't want to just leave it at that. I almost always want to find something more empathetic, hopeful, forgiving, or fair to balance out my rant.

Overall last year I felt a pressing urge to change. To get to the root of my bitches and identify how to change for the better from there. Not because my rants are meritless, but because IT DOESN'T FEEL GOOD TO BE ANGRY SO OFTEN. It's painful. Not just for other people, but to live inside all of that fear and resentment, To always be on guard and ready to explode whenever I perceive my perimeter has been breached.

No comments: